December 06, 2008

Yard Sale Saturday, December 6, 2008

YSS-120608 Alot of yardsales this morning for it being December 6th. Chilly outside too; about 42 at 7am. Made stops at about 8 sales. The consistent theme out there today seemed to be draperies and bedspreads. These were available at every one of the sales. One of the local retailers must have had a big sale over the last couple months ... just draperies .... not rods or the accompanying merchandise.

Finds ...
2 children stencil books .... I'll cut the stencils out of them for inventory.
6 fabric pens
2 jewelry pins
2 scarves ... on a huge batik and one a silk.

Now, I said I wasn't going to buy anymore scarves, seems I forgot that as I selected these. The woman I purchased the silk scarf from ($1.00), told me she bought it in France and should be selling it for alot more. Now, it doesn't have any fancy designer names on it ; wonder if she thinks that the retailers in France don't import their goods from China and the Phillipines just like we do.

I also came across a wonderful bright red (like fire engine red) long wig. I asked the woman how much she wanted for it (it was really something ... wish I'd taken a picture). She told me this big story about how it was given to her on her 40th birthday at a bar bash in the French Quarter. It appears her sister bought it right off the head of the bartender for $40.00. She then decided she'd better keep it and disappeared it into the house. Oh well ... I'll call it the one that got away. It would have been such fun to wear off to an art show.

No comments: