November 14, 2009

Yard Sale Saturday, 11/14/09

Hey Mr. Tamborine Man, play a Song for Me ,,,

It was abit chilly this morning and if I hadn't agreed to take Beau to the Trailhead, I would have declined Yard Sale Saturday and stayed in bed ... But, am I ever glad I didn't.

I came across two tamborines and three handheld drum pieces, at, amazingly enough, two different yardsales.   (It's been well over a year since I've seen one).  I've created three mixed media tamborine pieces which I put over the French doors in my studio and have been wanting more to, eventually, line the entire surface.   (Did I mention how excited I was .. and, the 5 came in costing an entire $2.00.

AND THEN ... at the next sale I came across a metal stand ... apparently some kind of family note center.  Well, last night I was telling Beau that I was going to take a few of the magnet sets to the upcoming shows and needed something to display them on .... This it is, at a whole 50 cents.

Other finds, not quite as exciting, but purchased just in case ....

  • 3 bags of assorted ribbons and lace .. some look quite old.
  • A box of zippers (Yep, in case I ever sew those purses that I've been collecting patterns for).
  • Two bags of rubber stamps
  • Two bags of narrow wood pegs that are about 4" long in a variety of colors. 
  • Two little necklaces that I wanted the charms on.  
That's it ...

No comments: