March 03, 2011

More Work on the Dollies

 Presenting my second and third practice dollies. 


Now are those faces only a Mother could love, or what?  These two went better than the first.  (Isn't that the way it goes however ... with practice, they get better).    These are from the same pattern instruction set as the first .... Hearts and Bows from Divas Cloth Doll Creations.     Improvements from my first doll ..
It takes 1 1/2 cups of the plastic pellets for the bottom to support the upper weight.   When stuffing the doll, you have to hold her upright or the plastic pellets rearrange themselves up these sides and thus, make her a leaning, or on her side, doll. 
It takes at least 3 times more stuffing to fill her solid than I would have expected. 

I'm going to make a couple more.   This is a good, basic doll, for practice.   By this, I mean that the body itself takes little time to put together, allowing one to work on design of the doll features and accessories themselves.    AND, I definitely need some practice on those faces !

I'll be starting a couple more this afternoon.

1 comment:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Great faces! I love the matching hair accessories to the clothing! ~Val