July 26, 2008

Yard Sale Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yss072608Mandeville ... between Koop Rd and Mandeville Trailheads ... with a detour down Soult. The signs were more numerous today than the 1 hour time. But, at $3.85/gal ... not going back out after picking up Beau.

Finds:

  • Scrabble Game. Letters to the letter box, and the letter holders to the block box.
  • Box of Highland Transparency Film. Excellent timing as I'm wanting to play with image transfer as part of the Book Pages and these are used in one of the techniques.
  • 7 scarves. I was thinking yesterday that I'd been collecting scraves for purposes of making fabric wall pieces and now I'm painting paper (moving towards) canvas for the same purpose. Had thought that maybe I should discontinue collecting the scarves, then came across these great ones today for like 10 to 25 cents each. Obviously the collection continues.
  • 3 racelets, 2 necklaces, 2 earrings and one angel hanging thingie. For the jewelry pieces box.
  • A 2-oz container of brown oxide acrylic paint.
  • 2 Canvas tote bags. I'm going to wash these and take them into the studio for some grafatti painting.
    A big stack of book/sheet music and other assorted papers. I'm not sure all of what's in here ... several binders and two walmart bags filled with what appears to be sheet music. I'm going to have to sit down and go through it ... an interesting lot. Yesterday I used a couple sheets out of my current sheet music folder and although I thought I should have more around here, wasn't sure where. So ... this should last me the rest of my life.

No comments: