February 02, 2009

Fab 09 - 11: One Chain Variation, One DOA and Two Regulars


Started out to create the 4 chain variation necklaces. And, here's how it went ...
-- Finished sewing the bias strips together on 2, 3 & 4

I completed the chain variation that I had in mind one one. I used a lobster claw for the closure and had to stitch the chain in place at top and bottom of each stretch. I like the look, but when finished, realized the lobster claw was unnecessary as this piece easily slips over the head.

Moved on the second piece and discovered the fabric was much to fragile for this level of sewing, and after some fustration and semi-fowl words, I tossed it into the garbage can. The first DOA Fabric Necklace !

Made the third and fourth necklace regular with the tie ends. I think I like these the best. I was going to link one of them with the chain, and then started having alternative ideas for the chain, and a scarf, which I'll try in a couple days.

I posted these three on both my Etsy & Artfire CTStudios sites.

Semi-cleaned the surfaces in my studio. Tomorrow I'm going to get out some canvas and the paints and have a some 'real messy' fun.

No comments: