I'd decided a couple weeks ago that I wanted to make Stella a 'Play Dress-up' Tutu for Christmas. So, we'd made a quick stop by Hancock Fabrics when in Slidell and picked up some Tulle; two shades of purple and white; 4 yards total. And, since we were just hanging out today, seemed as good a time as any to put it together.
I used the direction in a tutorial put together by Plumtickled. They are good, easy to follow directions. I then added in two different shades of pink, ribbon and clipped sections of the tulle here and there to stagger the heights. Although it tutu's don't photograph extremely well, I'm happy with it and think Stella will love it ...
We'll be going to Target sometime this week and I'll try and find a pink leotard set to go with it.
I had planned to make a tutu for Lilly as well, but didn't have enough tulle. I'll get some more for her ... thinking perhaps, yellow and red.