January 18, 2010

Soldering Pendants Takes Alot of Practice

I spent time both Saturday and Sunday working on my soldered pendants.    Actually, I'm working on the same dozen or so, adding another layer, smoothing out, cleaning, over and over again.  I just can't seem to get satisfied with the results.    And, I've learned that after you add enough layers that the tape underneath starts to deteriorate.    I was thinking that I'd start working up another assortment of 1 X 3" collage pieces and start another set, when, I decided, heck, I'm might as well just start over with these.    So, next time I decide to solder, I'll just remove the solder and tape from these, clean the glass and put them all back together again (and possible again and again). 

I've looked at a variety of soldered pendants online in the Etsy and Artfire shops.   And, truth be told, the only ones I see putting out good looking soldered pendants are those that have a history of stained glass.   So, obviously enough, the answer is the level of practice.    Not that I'm necessarily have plan to make a career creating these, I'd just like to be able to do it.   


2 comments:

Micki said...

They look fine to me. I've seen a number of these that were "less than perfect" and everyone just seemed to love them. This is something I have not tried yet.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I had another round of play at making papers again today.

p said...

you always have your hand in 10 different jars :) i love it! and i was finally able to subscribe...yaya!