March 10, 2010

Soldered Pendants, Act Three

 I still have it in my mind that I'm going to learn to solder.    Instead of starting all over with designs, last week I pulled apart the previous sets I'd made, and put them back together with new glass and tape.   Spent a couple hours over yesterday and today practicing my soldering technique.

I like to run on the 5 point scale (poor, fair, good, very good, excellent) and with the redo on this set, I'm rating them a solid 2 1/2; somewhere between fair and good.   I still don't consider them sell quality, but will keep, at least, a couple of them, for comparison quality.   You know .... after I've made alot of them, look back and see how far I've come.   I've also saved the first one.

For future sets, I plan on creating collage type images using my Photoshop software.    Over the last couple years I've collected several old books with Vogue and Harper Posters dated between 1880 and 1920.   (I collect anything that falls outside of copyright).  I've been scanning these into my computer and have started altering them into, what I hope will be, unique pieces.       Such as ....



No comments: