March 02, 2010

Yard Sale Saturday & Other Stuff

Yard Sale Saturday, February 27th
Usually, by this time of year, yard sale season is started up and in pretty good swing.   Not this year.   I suppose it's the weather.  Almost every weekend is chilly and wet, or chilly and windy, or perhaps, just chilly.   Frequented just one sale on Saturday, at the local middle school for Haiti relief.   

Finds: 
  • 1 pair of old turquoise earrings (for the found objects collection)
  • 1 old link belt (these will eventually be taken apart and applied to something else ... think I have 5-6 of them, now, in different patterns.
  • 2 pieces of fabric
  • 1 roll of heavy wrapping paper (which I use to wrap up the patterns sold out of TodaysTreasure .. instead of using envelopes.

The Other Stuff
I've not been posting to Blogger for the last couple weeks.  Shortly after my return from vacation, I realized that my post history between August 2006 and July 2008 (Two Years !) is gone.   Not just missing,but GONE.   I searched all my settings thinking it was just hidden, misfiled by a choice of some kind, but No, it's gone.    After spending literally hours search Google for answers, finally ended up posting in their help forum.   I'm hoping they will have an answer for me, eventually.   But I'm not real hopeful.   I've seen a variety of messages indicating if you know the name of the individual posts they might be able to recover.   Of course, I've not kept track of that, in any manner.   Woe is me.   Oh, and I think, in the process, I've messed up my RSS (or whatever all that is) feed while trying to fix the ther problem.   Again, woe is me.

I recently upgraded from Photoshop Elements 2 (which I've been using for about 10 years) to Photoshop Elements 8 and I'm on a learning curve.   I'm thinking about using photoshop to create small pieces of collage art for use in the soldered pendants (assuming I ever gain an real skill soldering).     I upgraded because many of the current Photoshop downloads/enhancements were not compatible with the old version.   Although the two versions have alot of similiarites, I'm taking it tool by tool, step by step, learning it well.  A very time consuming, but rather fun, process.   Which means, I've been doing a whole lot of sitting on the couch with the cat.

Pulled the masks out of the bag, where they've been curing in water since mid January.    I sanded them down with a block to remove the roughness on the faces and washed them up.    I've set them out on the back porch, where I'm closely watching them for signs of personality ... i.e., decide how to paint/stain them. 


No comments: