April 30, 2010

Simplicity 9970, Misses Mini Wrap Dress

A month or so back, I picked up two boxes of sewing patterns at the Hosanna Church Sale.   I've been slowly sorting through them, which this afternoon, brought me to Simplicity 9970, a Misses Mini Wrap Dress.


This sweet little pattern has a copyright of 1972.   Now, let's see ... 1972 ... I was 14.   As a teenager I recall we wore bell bottom pants, Pendleton shirts, peasant tops and backless sundresses.   I do not recall wearing anything quite, well .... ugly.   It does, however, look quite interesting.   I actually found myself, for just a second or two, think about making it.   But, wait ... nope ... wrong size; I'd need a large. 

If you like to make it, it's available (unless it's already been scooped up as the winner it might be)  in my shop.  


No comments: