June 23, 2010

Donation towards the Cure

I've often thought about participating in the Susan G Komen, Walk for the Cure, however, the truth is I just don't have enough friends or family to meet the Sponsorship.  A lousy excuse, really. 

This year I received a note from Carolyn Flood indicating that she had made a goal of raising $2300.  And, not only is she walking, but she's also participating in a variety of fundraisers and was looking for donations.   She asked if I could help with a couple donations and my answer ... Absolutely.   I admire her resolve (on behalf of her Mother) and commitment. 

I had her select three items from my shop on a gratis basis, and I added in another two. 

If you any of your art items to spare to a good cause, or a couple dollars, I encourage you to check out Carolyn's link.

1 comment:

Liz Curtin said...

Hi Lorrie, I just spent a lovely hour reading your blog and linking to all you favorites in the sidebar. Love the button bracelets!

PS - I signed up again as a follower because I have a new photo but I can't figure out how to get rid of the old one.