To begin, Beau drilled a hole in the last concrete Garden God so we could hang on a tree (the hook didn't appropriate setup in the concrete) and asked that I go ahead and paint it.
I don't think he's going to give him a name.
I decided to warm up by creating a couple sets of table placemats. I'll perhaps, put a couple in my shop and one set I want to send to a niece who is getting married in August. (After here, I plan on moving to the 3 guitars that I've picked up recently).
Creating these placemats is a multiple step process that I've been working on over the last couple days.
- Cut 4 strips that are 72" x 20" from the roll of artist canvas.
- Paint the front of the canvas with acrylic paints (with a couple different techniques).
- Apply a wash to the backside of the canvas.
- Apply layers of spray paints
- Add writings .. some freeform, a Lancelot Poem, etc.
- Add stampings in a variety of colors
- Two coats of Polyacrylic to seal.
I should finish up on the painting phase tomorrow. Here's a couple examples so far.
1st layer of acrylic paint and 2nd layer of spray paint
3rd layer of stencils, stamps and doodles. I decided to leave the writings out of this set.
Here is one of the canvas that is complete.
I'll be working on these more tomorrow.