August 21, 2010

Fabric Beaded Necklace, No More

A couple times last year, as you may recall, I created Fabric Beaded Necklaces from a variety of vintage scarves and fabrics.     I took these with me to a couple craft fairs and then put in my CTStudios shop.      A couple sold at the art/craft fairs, and although they garnered a lot of views in the shop, their were no further sales. 


I've been thinking about these for awhile ... along with the charm and fabric bracelet items in my shop.   I mostly think that they are out of par with what I create.   They were a fun little sidetrack, but largely not what I'm about, or what I create.    So, I decided to just get rid of them and then I wouldn't have to ponder the thought any more.     Kind of like one more act of downsizing, I suppose.  

So, I pondered the options ...

  • Garbage ... well no, they certainly do not warrant that extreme of a measure ...
  • Donate to Grans or Restore .... good option 
and then ..... I was thinking that the other thing on my list today was to get a box ready to ship the Big Blue Rose Vase to my sister.    And, just like that, the answer.  

I took all these sweet little fabric beaded necklaces (that, honestly, probably went out of style in the 90s ... I'm always just a little bit out of date) and stuffed them into the Vase!    I'll send most of them to my sister.    (She is a psychologist at a Veterans Home (Men & Women), and I thought, perhaps, she could give them out to some of the ladies when they were in need of some cheer ... or give to her local Goodwill, or whatever.  I put two in my closet ... perhaps I'll wear them someday, and I put two in Lilly's future dress-up box. 

Whew ... closed up the box and felt so accomplished .... one more act of downsizing and no more seeing something in my shop, that really doesn't belong there.  

No comments: