April 11, 2011

The Button Collection is Growing Larger

I'm still cleaning up the back table from Yard Sale Saturday over a week ago ... a small jar of buttons.   

I dumped the buttons out on the table and sorted them out.   Here's the catch. 
A nice little collection.    Only a couple duplicates, so it's my guess this person kept the extra's that come with some garments and perhaps an odd one here and there.  (Versus some that cut the button off everything and there are many duplicates).   

I sort and keep buttons by color groups.    After sorting them, I then move them to plastic zip bags for holding. 
Here's just my white, one folder of blacks and 'the metals'.    I've been saving them (yes, I cut buttons off of garments that are ruined), as well as buying them whenever I come across.   Originally I was going to use use them in 'found art', then charm bracelets, and now, perhaps, a doll here and there.   Or, perhaps I'll not use them at all.    I don't know.   

I do know, however, that the collection will continue !
 

No comments: