March 14, 2009

Visited the Covington Art Market and discovered the works of Robin Daning

We visited the Covington Art Market on Lee Lane this morning and was introduced to the works of Robin Daning. This incredible talented woman uses ink to paint intricate faces on dominos and then applies layer upon layer of laquer to them and then creates wonderful mixed media wall art.

INCREDIBLE STUFF. If I had money, by Gosh, I'd have purchased a good half dozen of her pieces. (As it stands, I'm going to have to be happy with the lone domino business card she gave me!). But, I'm addin her to my list of favorites and I'm recommending you take a few minutes to look over her work; it'll be time well spent !!!


r o b i n d a n i n g
homebiogallery contact
carl and jojo
carl and jojo
pigmented ink, acrylic, and composite tile on board
5" x 5"
5 0 4 . 2 6 1 . 3 0 0 3
n e w o r l e a n s

2 comments:

Caly's Jewelry Creations said...

Great work...! I didn't know Covington had an Art Market....is it a monthly thing...? I'm over in Biloxi...found you though We Love Artfire Guild...Do you do shows...?

Anonymous said...

The art market in Covington happens every other month and is on Lee Lane.
http://www.northshoreartmarket.com/

I've just begun doing shows and am currently looking around for others that may be suitable for my type of thing.