What a great morning; the sky is blue and clear and the temp is in the upper 60's. I saw only two ads in Thursday' paper in my circle, however, came across a good half dozen on my journey. A good assortment of finds :
- Two storage boxes
- Half a package of plastic clothes pins
- 4 rolls of USPS tape; 1 with dispenser (stocking up for upcoming mailings)
- a half dozen bracelets; 4 beaded & 2 chained.
- 10 pair of vintage metal type earrings ... large and a bit gawdy; The woman said they had belonged to her aunt and were worn in the 70s.
- 7 packages of silk flowers (to sew onto whatever)
- 25 pieces of ribbon (from a woman who made barretts for her granddaughter)
- 3 scarves
- 2 fabric pins
- 8 tassels
- 2 disney keychains
Expenditures = $17.25 (since I'm going to start keeping track of what I'm spending).
My favorite stop was over on America Street (where I picked up the 3 scarves). There were 3 ladies (I'd say in their 70's) sitting at the checkout table. I told them to close their eyes while I pulled my money from my bra. One of the ladies confessed that, when she goes to the Casino, she puts her cell phone in her bra. She said she wished someone would make some kind of necklace that would hold her cellphone ... like those eyeglass holders. Hummm ..