October 25, 2009

Artfire Trading Post Guild

At it's inception two months ago, I volunteered to be part of management team of The Trading Post Guild over at Artfire.   The concept of the guild is simple and sounded such fun.   It's a group of Artfire artists and crafters who all join together and make trades.   If I see something in another members shop I'd like to have, I send them a message to see if they would like to negoatiate a trade.  The ground rule is the value + shipping is close to equal, or if not, dollars can change hands.    Sometimes the answer may be no (for a whole lot of reasons), but, when the answer is yes, I can be GREAT FUN.  

For my part in the management of the guild, I seem to be the primary writer of the Blog.   In the blog, I profile a different shop every couple days and here and there, might right up something else as well.   I've met a couple quite interesting people and find the effort well worth the time it takes. 

So far, I've made two trades.   First, this great bear that I'm going to give to Lilly for Christmas from Patchtique.   And, second, this sweet beaded necklace from Hummingbirdtak that will go to my sister-in-law for Christmas. 

Starting in November the guild is having what is called a Trade & Stay event where for one week everyone trades with everyone.  Kind of like a contest, but not a contest; Just alot of Fun.  I'm looking forward to it. 

1 comment:

Tak said...

I totally agree! Trading is such fun and you get really cool things!! I love my bag!