They are easy to make, but can be quite time-consuming. In case you are so inclined, basically this is how it's done ....
- I cut a piece of canvas (I buy it in rolls at are 17 yds by 60" wide) that is large enough to create 4 placemats, plus a small amount for other stuff).
- I painted the entire piece of canvas a bright orange .. It generally takes two coats. The back side was painted with an orange wash.
- Then, I took the canvas to the outside 'painting area' and, using a couple stencils, added spray paint.
- After sufficient drying time, brought back in the house, and using a purple permenant marker, added some writings.
- Pulled out my containers of rubber stamps and painted, and added additional colors and designs.
- Cut the canvas to 4 pieces at 19" x 15"
- Turned over 1/2" all the way around and stitched.