January 22, 2010

Vacation Planning

Before we go on vacation, I had to set-up a visit with Lilly.    I so treasure our time together.     Our big surprise for this visit was kisses.    That little sweetheart learned how to kiss!.   We were on the floor playing musical instruments and she walked right over and kissed me.   Good thing I was on the floor !     When you only see a child monthly, every visit renders new surprises and amazements.    It's so much more than growth on a chart, it's personality developing.   I love her so much it's like my heart is a sponge just soaking it all up.       I know I'll be setting up another visit as soon as we get back.   

Tomorrow we start vacation.   The concept is mostly loose.   We spend a week driving to Ft. Lauderdale, where we'll catch an 8 day cruise and then spend another week driving home.    Other than the cruise, there is no scheduled events or set itinerary.   We'll go where we are drawn.

So, today is a day of getting ready.  Packing what's needed and then, packing the car.   Then, comes the cleaning.   Beau is not real up on the cleaning for vacation part, but, generally, he's a good sport and humors me with a bit of vacuuming and sweeping.   I suppose it stems from childhood.   My mother always required we clean house before we leave with the solid statement "it's so nice to come home to a clean house".   Beau's correct really, in that our son will be here quite abit, and I'm sure some of his friends will come and go.  So, no matter how much we clean, it's not going to be exactly the same kind of clean when we get back.   But, it's a compulsion, now, and we must clean.   



1 comment:

p said...

wow thats not a vacation that is a sojourn!!!!
have a good one, hope you stay in touch when you can!