- Experiment with a variety of fabric collage techniques ... mixed media
- Paint up a few sets of the graffiti placemats (one which will become a wedding gift for a niece)
- Paint and design the three art guitars brought home from yard sales last month
- Paint the concrete God Masks (4).
Yes, that should keep me occupied for awhile.
So, I started this morning with a couple of simple collage samplers. I've never done any free stitching and decided simple was the best place to start.
- I cut two pieces of around 9 x 12" lightly patterned white fabric, as well as backing and stitched them together.
- I pulled out a couple small containers of acrylic paint and dappled some on to each piece, here and there, and let it dry for a short time.
- Tore a couple small pieces out of Beau's morning newspaper and added them randomly to the fabrics using gel medium.
- Threaded up the machine and randomly stitched.
There was not overall plan, just an exercise to get me to thinking about possibilities. I'll probably hang on to them for a few days to consider and then pass on to ..... I don't know.