February 13, 2011

Putting together the Valentine Box for Lilly

Last week, we went into Hobby Lobby to select  a fabric to reupholster the ottoman in our living room.   While there, of course, I had to buy odds and ends of 'other stuff'.   One of which, was this cute little bandana.   I thought I'd put cut out a couple of the 'Love' and applique to a little T-Shirt.     But, once I got started, it turned into this little dress, the base of which is just a little undershirt. 
I'd also picked up a   yard of an adorable kids fabric with snails and butterflies and matched it up with a little blue t-shirt.   I selected pattern  McCalls M4422 for the pants.   (I plan on trying the little dress in a couple days).   The pants are dramatically shorter (and smaller) than those I made the other day, although they are both Size 3.  I used some of the fabric to applique the T-shirt.   Again, I still think it looks a little big, but I haven't seen her since October, so perhaps not.  

I packed up the box yesterday with the three outfits I made, along with some new PJ's, panties and undershirts.  And, of course, a cute cute card and some candies and got it all mailed Priority.    I hope she likes them!. 

No comments: